Friday, January 29, 2010

Fruitful Friday

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galatians 5:22-23

In my life, I frequently find hope in seeing others who've gone through similar circumstances and came out victorious on the other side... If they are progressing, it means that I can do it too! Let's share with one another the victories we've seen on our recovery journeys. The fruits that our Heavenly Father promises.

This is what FAITH looks like to me today.

God's Word has breathed life into me like nothing else. He is my redeemer, my restorer, my comforter, my provider and protector. My Heavenly Father. He continues to heal my heart, mind and soul. I have faith in his word - that I am special, loved, purposefully made, a part of His perfect plan. No matter what happens, I know that those things never change. He gave me a husband to walk through life hand-in-hand with. In the gift of my husband, God restored my faith in love and family. And, as if that wasn't enough, God has surrounded me with loving friends. Men and women that I've been in small groups, Bible studies and ministries with, school moms, neighborhood friends, sports families, even renewed friendships with childhood friends. Through them, God has restored my faith in humanity.

I praise God for the new lenses he's given me to see the world though. Faith is a beautiful thing.

Have you seen fruit in your journey? I would love to see it!! Write a post on your blog, linking back to this post, and leave a comment here with a link to your blog. I look forward to reading about the blessings in your life!

No comments: